Salina Leaf Collection Begins Next Week
KSAL Staff - October 27, 2014 11:11 am
The City of Salina will begin collecting leaves next week. According to the City, the Annual Curbside Collection Program will be conducted from November 3 to December 31, weather permitting.
Program Participant Guidelines and Information:
- Rake and pile leaves between the curb and sidewalk. If no sidewalk exists, pile leaves directly behind the curb.
- Do not place, rake or blow leaves into the street; it is a City code violation, a hazard to traffic and may prevent storm drainage systems from working properly.
- Do not park vehicles directly in front of or behind leaf piles, it makes collection more difficult.
- Leaves in alleys will not be collected.
- Leaves must be ready on the first day your zone is scheduled for collection.
- There will not be another round of curbside leaf collection this year.
Schedule of leaf pickup:
- Zone 1 All of the city south of Republic Ave. November 3 – November 14
- Zone 2 Between Crawford St. and Republic Ave. November 17 – November 28
- Zone 3 Between Iron Ave. and Crawford St. December 1 – December 12
- Zone 4 All of the city north of Iron Ave. December 15 – December 31
City Sanitation customers can expect crews to continue collecting leaves placed in bags or yard waste carts, set alongside refuse carts on their regular trash collection day. Trash and leaves cannot be mixed; bags of leaves along with other yard waste materials are transported to a special location for compost recycling.