Kansas Lottery Jackpots Growing Again
KSAL Staff - June 21, 2016 7:27 am
Kansas players are dreaming of winning some huge jackpots this week. The Mega Millions jackpot for Tuesday is a life-changing $333 million, with a cash option of $226.2 million. The Powerball jackpot for Wednesday is estimated at $184 million, with a cash option of $125.3 million.
When were the jackpots last hit?
- Mega Millions has been rolling since it was last hit March 8 in Washington State for $157 million. Tuesday, June 21, will mark the 30th draw in this cycle.
- Powerball has been rolling since being hit May 7 in New Jersey for $429.6 million. Wednesday, June 22, will mark the 13th draw in this cycle.
Past Kansas Jackpot Winners
- A Kansas player won one third of a record $656 million Mega Millions jackpot in March 2012. The winner purchased the lucky ticket at Casey’s General Store 2668, located at 940 N. Main St. in Ottawa.
- The largest Powerball jackpot winner in Kansas was Donald Damon of Great Bend who won $96 million in November 2009. Damon purchased his ticket at Dillons 51, located at 4107 10th St. in Great Bend.
- The most recent Powerball jackpot winner in Kansas was in December 2012 when a Johnson County couple won $50 million on a ticket purchased at 7-Eleven 25951, located at 11023 Johnson Dr. in Shawnee.
Hot Lotto and Super Kansas Cash also rolled over the weekend. Anyone who matches all numbers in Hot Lotto will win or share a cash jackpot estimated at $3.54 million, and the Super Kansas Cash jackpot has rolled to an estimated $1.655 million for Wednesday.
Large Unclaimed Prizes
One ticket sold in south central Kansas for the June 18 Hot Lotto drawing matched the first five numbers to win $30,000. Another Hot Lotto ticket sold in northeast Kansas for the June 15 drawing matched the first five numbers and is also worth $30,000.
A Powerball ticket sold in northeast Kansas for the June 15 drawing matched four of the first five numbers and the Powerball to win $50,000. There is also an unclaimed $50,000 ticket from the January 13 Powerball drawing. That ticket was sold in northeast Kansas.