The cause of a fire that damaged a rural home Friday west of Gypsum is deemed to be electrical in nature.
The Saline County Sheriff’s Office reports that a utility box in the basement of a home at 6960 S. Kipp Road was the origin of a fire that sparked inside a house when no one was home.
Rural Fire District #1 and RFD#2 both responded to the blaze.
The home is owned by Darin Kempke, who told deputies there had been some work done recently on the air conditioning unit.
Damage is estimated at $60,000.