Salina, KS

Now: 79 °F

Currently: Fair

Hi: 82 °F | Lo: 55 °F


Hi: 87 °F 

Lo: 58 °F


Hi: 84 °F 

Lo: 64 °F


Hi: 86 °F 

Lo: 66 °F


Hi: 86 °F 

Lo: 66 °F


Hi: 85 °F 

Lo: 62 °F

Smoky Hill Museum
Paul McCartney

City Seeking Volunteers

KSAL Staff - September 4, 2016 8:25 am

The City of Salina is seeking a few good men, women, and youth willing to serve in various volunteer positions.

According to the city, they are currently accepting expression of interest forms for vacancies that currently or will soon exist on the following citizen boards, commissions and committees:

  • Accessibility Advisory Board – Persons with disabilities
  • Animal Control Advisory & Appeals Board – Youth Member
  • Arts & Humanities Commission – Youth Member
  • Board of Zoning Appeals -Youth Member
  • Building Advisory Board – Plumber Master or Journeyman
  • Business Improvement District No. 1 Design Review Board – Business Owner within the Business Improvement District No. 1 / Property Owner within the Business Improvement District No. 1 /Citizen-at-large
  • Disciplinary Advisory Board – Citizen-at-large within City Limits of Salina
  • Heritage Commission Archeologist; Landscape Architect; Urban Planner; or Real Estate / Youth Member
  • Housing Authority – Client/Tenant of Salina Housing Authority
  • Human Relations Commission – Citizen-at-large / Youth Member
  • Park & Recreation Advisory Board – Youth Member
  • Planning Commission – Outside Representative but within 3 miles of City Limits / Youth Member
  • Solid Waste Management Committee – Citizen-at-large for City of Salina / Citizen-at-large for Saline County / Citizen-at-large for 3rd class city / Citizen-at-large for Unincorporated Representative / Youth Member

If you are interested in serving the community by becoming a member of one of these boards, commissions or committees, you are asked to
complete an expression-of-interest form from the City of Salina website, www.salina-ks.gov, and click on “City Government” then “Boards & Commissions” or by visiting the City Clerk’s Office, 300 W. Ash, Room 206. If you have any questions, please call (785) 309- 5735.

Doug Clemens

September 4, 2016 at 10:48 am

Get rid of the current commissioners and city manager and volunteers will come.

Comments are closed.