Baby Ingests Marijuana Pill
Associated Press - August 10, 2015 7:51 am
Police are investigating after a 17-month-old child swallowed a marijuana pill in Wichita.
According to Wichita police, officers were called to Wesley Medical Center Saturday morning to check on the welfare of a child. Authorities say the child’s mother told officers she had left her child in the care of a 20-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman while she was at work.
According to spokesman Sgt. Bob Gulliver, the mother said that when she picked up her child, she noticed the child was lethargic and unresponsive. After the mother took the toddler to the hospital, it was determined the child had ingested a marijuana pill.
It was not immediately clear what the child’s condition is.