Salina USD 305 and NEA-Salina have reached agreement on a new teacher contract of employment for the 2020-2021 school year.
Items agreed to:
– Salary schedule modifications and increase to the base resulting in a new base salary of $40,385;
– Step and movement on the modified salary schedule for all teachers;
– An increase of $5 per month to the to the Employer Paid Health Benefit;
– The addition of five days of paid parental leave for employees upon the birth or adoption of a child;
– An increase of middle school plan time to 245 minutes per week;
– Modifications to allow for representation for those teachers filing complaints pursuant to board policy;
– The removal of the plan time exception for elementary specials teachers;
– The transition of two elementary staff development days into regular student contact days and
– Modifications to the illness and disability pool.