No one was injured in a house fire near Bridgeport Wednesday night.
Saline County Sheriff Roger Soldan tells KSAL News that about 10:30pm crews from Rural Fire District #3 were sent to 11300 S. Old 81 Highway to the report of an active house fire.
Deputies say everyone was able to exit the dwelling as smoke poured upstairs from a main floor closest. Investigators say the likely source of the fire was an extension cord that was plugged into a light socket inside the closet.
The house and contents are valued at $125,000.
Photos courtesy Saline Co. Sheriff’s Office