Dog Credited With Saving Owner From Fire

KSAL StaffAugust 12, 2013

A dog is credited with saving its owner from a northeast Kansas house fire that authorities are investigating as arson.

The fire happened before dawn Friday in Wamego. The home’s sole occupant says that after being awoken by the dog, he heard the sound of the smoke detectors. The man managed to exit through the smoke, but the dog died.

Officials from the Kansas State Fire Marshal’s Office and local fire personnel say it appears the fire started on the front porch. That’s why the fire is being investigated as an aggravated arson.

Associated Press information from: The Manhattan Mercury

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2020. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

RELATED POSTS



STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Salina Tech Announces Fal...
January 25, 2020Comments
New Medical Chief at Abil...
January 25, 2020Comments
Boys State Leadership Aca...
January 25, 2020Comments
Abortion Legislation Disc...
January 24, 2020Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2020 - EEO  - KDJM  - KABI  - KSAL-AM  - KSAL-FM  - KVOB  - KYEZ  - KZUH