Nominations Sought For 2015 Salina Business Hall of Fame
KSAL Staff - June 7, 2015 6:00 am
It is time to honor another group of business people who have made, and continue to make, Salina a great place. Nominations are being sought for inductees into the 2013 class of the Salina Business Hall of Fame.
The Hall of Fame was established in 2005 to honor those who have made extraordinary contributions to Salina. Categories for nominations are Pioneer Award from 1858-1925, Historic Award from 1926-1975, and Contemporary from 1976-present.
A special task force will determine the inductees. The inductees will be honored at a special luncheon this fall.
A portrait of each inductee will be displayed in the physical Business Hall of Fame, located at the Chamber office.
Nominations can be made by both Chamber members and the general public. Nominees will be considered on the basis of several criteria which include business excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, courageous thinking and action, inspiring leadership, community impact, positive role model, enduring accomplishments and local influence. Individuals nominated in previous years will be considered again this year.
Nomination forms are available at the Chamber office, 120 W. Ash, or can be downloaded by clicking on the Hall of Fame quick link on the Chamber’s website homepage www.salinakansas.org. The deadline for nominations is 5pm Friday, July 10.
Salina Business Hall of Fame inductees:
- 2005 – H.D. Lee, William Graves, J.J Vanier, Al Schwan, and Charlie Walker
- 2006 – Alexander Campbell, M.J. Kennedy, Milton Morrison, Charles W. Shaver, and Roy Applequist
- 2007 – Oscar Seitz, Ralph Reitz, William Exline, Murray Wilson, and Lee Young
- 2008 – Dean Evans and Paul Junk
- 2009 – W.W. Watson, Whitley Austin, Verla Nesbitt Joscelyn, and Jack Vanier
- 2010 – Benjamin Aaron Litowich, Thomas Watson Roach and Mike Berkley
- 2011 – James R. Allen, William R. Geis, and Ben A. Sellers
- 2012 – William Phillips, Dick Brown, and George Frisbie
- 2013 – Ward Marshall and Karl Stutterheim
- 2014 – Charles R. Underwood and Charles E. Stevens, Jr.