Hoarders Who Think They’re Just Collectors, What is the Difference?
Joan Jerkovich - July 10, 2014 7:00 am
- Takes pride in their possessions
- Experiences joy in displaying their collections
- Enjoys talking about their collectables
- Keeps their collected items well organized and displayed
- Feels satisfied when adding to their collection
- Effectively budgets their time spent collecting for their displays
- Effectively budgets the amount of money spent on their collections
- Experiences embarrassment about their possessions
- Feels uncomfortable when others see their hoard
- Have clutter that takes up livable space
- Feels sad after acquiring additional items
- Feels ashamed that they have added to their hoard
- Are often in debt due to their hoarding
- Have anxiety over discarding or parting with possessions
- Often experience marital or family discord over the hoarding
What are the top 8 Items people usually hoard?
3. Paper and Plastic Bags
4. Cardboard Boxes
6. Household Supplies
What are common items people collect?
1. Sports cards
To learn more about hoarding and hear a daughter’s story about her hoarder mother, listen to the podcast: Understanding Hoarding; Helping Hoarder Mom
Click HERE to anonymously send Joan your question!