Dillons Employees “Strengthening Our Community”
KSAL Staff - February 22, 2016 4:45 am
Salina Dillons grocery store employees are “Strengthening Our Community” with a $33,600 donation to the Salina Area United Way.
Dillons associates in Salina pledged $31,900 to the current United Way Campaign. The Dillons company then also donated $1,700 on their behalf, bringing the pledge to $33,600.
Employees at the Dillons store on Planet Avenue in Salina presented a check to the United Way on Friday.
The Salina Area United Way’s mission is to strengthen the Salina community. According to the agency, to advance the common good, we all have to work together in collaboration and partnership. Together, we must identify root causes of community problems, engage all citizens, and commit our resources to data-driven solutions. Only when this happens will we truly impact our community and make lasting change.
The United Way Priorities are education, income, and health.
Education: Helping Children and Youth Achieve Their Full Potential
- Children enter school developmentally on track in the areas of literacy and social, emotional and intellectual skills.
- Elementary and middle school students are engaged in school and make appropriate academic progress and healthy decisions.
- Young people graduate from high school and young adults make a successful transition from high school to further schooling or work life.
Income: Promoting Financial Stability and Independence Among Working Families
- Working families achieve and retain family-sustaining employment.
- Working families receive the income supports that are available to them.
- Working families have the financial resources to avoid poverty.
- Working families make smart financial-decisions and live within their budget.
Health: Improving Community Health
- Babies are born at low risk of any preventable health problems.
- Children and youth have access to timely, regular, preventive health care covered by insurance.
- Youth and adults are healthy and avoiding risky behavior.
Copyright © Alpha Media, 2016. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story or website may be reproduced without Alpha Media’s express consent.