Summer’s Last Hurrah
KSAL Staff - August 13, 2016 9:15 pm
A large crowd gathered Saturday for the final big swim of the summer at Salina’s Kenwood Cove water park.
Alpha Media Salina radio stations Y 93.7, Fm 104.9, and News Radio 1150 KSAL, partnering with Big Brothers Big Sisters hosted a listener appreciation party at the venue, and gave away 500 free entry coupons. Along with everything Kenwood Cove has to offer the event featured water slide races, prizes, free food and drink, and a live band.
Kenwood Cove officials tell KSAL News that just over 1,400 people packed the park for the event.
The Saturday event was the last big event of the year at Kenwood Cove.
After a normal day Sunday, hours at the water park will be drastically cut back. Monday through Friday of this week, Kenwood Cove will be open for evening water walking, lasting from 6:00-8:00pm each evening. Entry for water walking costs $3 per evening or you can use your water walking punch cards.
The water park will be open on final weekend next weekend, August 20th and 21st, Saturday and Sunday from 12:30pm-4:30pm. Limited attractions will be available.
After closing Sunday August 21st, Kenwood Cove will open one final time Monday evening, August 22nd, for a final year-end special event. A Pooch Plunge event is from 5 till 8. Admission is $5 for adults and dogs get in free.
There are a few rules to remember, which include:
* Only owners and their dogs will be allowed in water.
* Owners are limited to two dogs each.
* Children under 16 are not allowed in pool.
* Dogs need proof of vaccination.
* Female dogs in heat are not allowed.
* Keep dogs on a leash while not in the water.
* Owners must clean up after their dogs.
* No dangerous dogs as outlined by the City ordinance passed on August 9, 2004.