ksal.com
Smoky Hill Museum
Fe for a cure

Propane Leak Causes House to Explode

KSAL Staff - May 31, 2016 10:31 am

A propane leak is to blame for a home explosion in Butler County.

Officials tell KWCH that the blast leveled the home on Kansas Highway 254 about 5:00 Sunday morning.

The explosion could be heard by residents up to 20-miles away. The force of the blast also blew out the windows of a nearby residence.

Authorities say that no one was at home at the time of the explosion, which took place after a hot water tank ignited a propane leak.

Story from Metro Source News