Organizers Preparing Back To School Fair
KSAL Staff - July 21, 2017 10:40 am
Organizers are preparing to distribute 1,850 backpacks full of school supplies. The annual Saline County Back to School Fair is a week away.
Through the support of community sponsors, the event provides an opportunity to distribute free basic school supplies to 1,850 income- eligible Saline County K-12 students. At the Back to School Fair there will also be free health and dental screenings, games, and refreshments.
To qualify for the free basic school supplies, your child must live in Saline County and be a K-12 student in the 2017-2018 school year and must qualify for free or reduced school lunches.
The Back to School Fair is scheduled for Friday, July 28th, from noon – 7 at Lakewood Middle School. Registration and school supply pick up is noon through 7:00 p.m. The fair is 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Back to School Fair Information:
- 30+ booths featuring information on children/youth activities and family services
- Distribution of free basic school supplies to 1,800 Saline County K-12 registered students eligible for free/reduced school lunches
- Free student health screenings
- School and sports physicals conducted by health professionals
- Dental screenings and cavity prevention vitamins applied by health professionals
- Depression screenings conducted by Central Kansas Mental Health Center