Kansas Chipotle E. Coli Case
Associated Press - December 21, 2015 7:14 pm
SHAWNEE, Kan. (AP) – Health regulators say one person who ate at a Chipotle restaurant in Kansas became ill in a new, late November E. coli outbreak that sickened five people in three states.
Kansas Department of Health and Environment spokeswoman Sara Belfry said Monday the person ate at Chiptole’s Shawnee Mission Parkway location the week of Nov. 23. No other details were released.
Jesus Martinez is a kitchen manager at that location. He says food safety is the top priority right now and managers are watching to make sure staff follows health and safety procedures.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the latest outbreak occurred between Nov. 18 and Nov. 26.
A larger outbreak, which began in October, sickened 53 people in nine states.