Heat Lamp Fire
KSAL Staff - October 6, 2016 1:41 pm
A shed fire east of Salina kills a woman’s chicks.
According to the Saline County Sheriff’s Office, a heat lamp came in contact with some wood inside a shed located in the 9000 block of East Riordan and ignited.
Janis Bishop told deputies that the young chickens may have jumped up and knocked the heat lamp down.
Bishop put the fire out with a hose, before Rural Fire District #5 responded to make sure the blaze was out.
Damage is estimated at $600.
Five of the six chicks she was raising in the building were killed.