Gas Smell Prompts Brief School Evacuation
KSAL Staff - November 14, 2013 2:11 pm
A smell of suspected natural gas prompts a brief evacuation of a Salina elementary school Thursday.
According to USD 305, at approximately 12:20 Heusner Elementary was evacuated because of a natural gas smell.
Students and staff were evacuated and the fire department and gas company were immediately contacted. Heusner students were moved to Sunrise Presbyterian Church while the fire department and gas company investigated.
After given an all-clear notice from the fire department and gas company, students and staff reentered the building by approximately 1:35 p.m.