Free Summer Lunches Begin This Week
KSAL Staff - May 31, 2016 9:18 am
Free lunches will be available again this summer for children who are out of school.
USD 305 will continue it free summer meal program beginning Tuesday, May 31 – Friday, July 22.
All locations will serve a free summer lunch from 12-12:30 p.m. No meals will be served on Monday, July 4.
Breakfast will be served only at the Coronado and Lakewood Middle School sites from 7:45-8:15 a.m. May 31 through July 1st.
The Free Summer Meal serving sites are:
- Coronado Elementary, 2725 Ray Ave., west side main entrance off Ray
- Oakdale Elementary – 811 E. Iron, west doors off Penn Street
- Schilling Elementary – 3121 Canterbury, side door by gym
- Sunset Elementary – 1510 W. Republic, north door off of playground
- Kennedy Early Learning Center – 700 Jupiter, north double doors off Venus
- St. John’s Missionary Baptist Church – 215 S. Chicago, gym door entrance
- Lakewood Middle School – 1135 Lakewood Circle, main entrance by office
- Church of the Cross – 1600 Rush, southeast door
- Salvation Army – 1137 N. Santa Fe, front door
- Sunrise Presbyterian Church – 825 E. Beloit, main door off parking lot (no meals served at this site June 13-17)
During the 2015 summer program, 23,972 meals (youth and adults) were served at 10 Salina sites. Coalition partners are USD 305, Heartland Programs, United Way, Church of the Cross, The Salvation Army and Sunrise Presbyterian Church.
The free lunches are for all children ages one through eighteen and adults are welcome to eat for $3.75. Breakfast price for adults is $2.00.
There is no fee or registration required to receive meals. This program is an equal opportunity provider.