Free Summer Lunches Continue Through July
KSAL Staff - July 6, 2016 5:06 pm
photo courtesy USD 305
Free summer lunches will continue in Salina through most of July. Salina USD 305’s free summer lunch program will continue through July 22nd.
The free lunches are for all children ages one through eighteen and adults are welcome to eat for $3.75. There are no income requirements, fee or registration required to receive meals. This program is an equal opportunity provider.
“The mom of my kids’ friends told me to come to the school, bring my kids to eat,” said a mom at summer lunch at Schilling Elementary. “We’ve been here almost every day.”
The Free Summer Meal serving sites are:
- Coronado Elementary – 2725 Ray Ave., west side main entrance off Ray
- Oakdale Elementary – 811 E. Iron, west doors off Penn Street
- Schilling Elementary – 3121 Canterbury, side door by gym
- Sunset Elementary – 1510 W. Republic, north door off of playground
- Kennedy Early Learning Center – 700 Jupiter, north double doors off Venus
- St. John’s Missionary Baptist Church – 215 S. Chicago, gym door entrance
- Lakewood Middle School – 1135 Lakewood Circle, main entrance by office
- Church of the Cross – 1600 Rush, southeast door
- Salvation Army – 1137 N. Santa Fe, front door
- Sunrise Presbyterian Church – 825 E. Beloit, main door off parking lot
The Salina Summer Meals Coalition is committed to summer meal programs in Salina. Partners include USD 305, Heartland Programs, the Salvation Army, St. John’s Missionary Baptist Church, Sunrise Presbyterian Church, and Salina Area United Way, providing hot meals at ten sites for eight weeks during June and July.
Each year, the U.S. Department of Agriculture partners with local organizations to provide free meals to children when school is out for the summer. For more information about the national Summer Food Service Program, visit http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/summer.
(click photos to enlarge)