Visitor Restrictions At Salina Hospital
KSAL Staff - January 5, 2015 11:36 am
Salina Regional Health Center has implemented visitor restrictions. According to the hospital,the restrictions are an effort to protect patients, visitors, and staff during the 2015 Flu season.
The following restrictions are being enforced:
- Do not visit if you are ill or have signs and symptoms of the flu.
- Immediate family members only. Infants and small children are discouraged from visiting.
- Persons with compromised immune systems or pulmonary complications should visit only if absolutely necessary.
- Any visitor noted to have flu like symptoms will be given a mask and asked to leave the facility.
- With regard to the Birth Center, immediate family only. Siblings that are not showing signs of illness will be allowed to visit.
- Compassionate exceptions to these restrictions may be warranted. This will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Visitors are asked to wash their hands often, before entering a patient room and prior to leaving the facility. Sinks and waterless hand sanitizer are available throughout the building.
The restrictions went into effect Monday.