First Ever Gay Pride Salina Event
KSAL Staff - June 23, 2013 4:19 pm
Salina's first ever gay pride event is scheduled for this week. The "Gay Pride Salina" event will be a full day of activities.
Salina’s first ever gay pride event is scheduled for this week. The “Gay Pride Salina” event will be a full day of activities.
The event features music, concessions, and community information booths during the day. In the evening there will be a banquet, entertainment, and awards.
Organizers invite the community to come and support “dignity, equal rights, social visibility and pride”. Admission is free and open to LGBT, friends, and allies. The event is recommended for ages 16 and older.
Gay Pride Salina will be this coming Saturday from 11 – 4 at the Ramada Inn Conference Center
1616 W. Crawford. Reservations are required for the banquet event that follows.
Gay Pride Salina entertainment includes:
* FullHand, Country and Rock Band
* The Dirty Martinis, 1940s Pin-Up style performance troupe
* Mattson & Weaver, traditional/folk music duo
* Drag show featuring a variety of performers from XCalibur Club:
* Mystie Massengill (Salina Queen), Tommy Boi (Salina King), Lil Kim Chi (Junction City Queen, Miss Flint Hills PRIDE), Keith DeFranco (Junction City King), Carlotta Junichelli (Junction City Queen, Miss Xcalibur Club, Miss Trailer Park) Romeo, (Salina King), PJ Ryan (Junction City King, Mr. Xcalibur Club, Mr. Flint Hills PRIDE), and Ty Woo (Manhattan Queen)
* The Cast of Salina Community Theatre’s production of Legally Blonde