Firefighters Hurt In House Fire
Associated Press - January 5, 2015 6:12 am
Two Hutchinson firefighters injured while fighting a house fire have been released from the hospital.
The Hutchinson News reports that the firefighters were in the front room of the home Friday night when the floor collapsed. The firefighters called on the radio for help and were rescued.
Fire Chief Kim Forbes said the situation “could have been a lot worse.” The firefighters were taken to a Hutchinson hospital, where one was treated for neck pain and the other was seen for a hand injury.
Officials said the fire appears to have started under the floor near a double box fireplace while the owners were gone. The fire was put out in less than 20 minutes. A release from the department said the damage was estimated at $40,000.