Salina, KS

Now: 48 °

Currently: Cloudy

Hi: 48 ° | Lo: 40 °

Firefighters Hurt In House Fire

KSAL StaffJanuary 5, 2015

Two Hutchinson firefighters injured while fighting a house fire have been released from the hospital.

The Hutchinson News reports that the firefighters were in the front room of the home Friday night when the floor collapsed. The firefighters called on the radio for help and were rescued.

Fire Chief Kim Forbes said the situation “could have been a lot worse.” The firefighters were taken to a Hutchinson hospital, where one was treated for neck pain and the other was seen for a hand injury.

Officials said the fire appears to have started under the floor near a double box fireplace while the owners were gone. The fire was put out in less than 20 minutes. A release from the department said the damage was estimated at $40,000.

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2017. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Jones Inaugurated as Beth...
December 15, 2017Comments
Over 50,000 Lights Will A...
December 15, 2017Comments
Smoky Hill River Renewal ...
December 15, 2017Comments
Salina Crime Stoppers 12-...
December 15, 2017Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2017