Salina, KS

Now: 41 °

Currently: Cloudy

Hi: 41 ° | Lo: 28 °

Fire likely caused by cigarette damages Hutchinson buses

KSAL StaffFebruary 28, 2016

Fire officials say seven Hutchinson school buses were damaged in a fire that apparently was started by a discarded cigarette.

The fire was reported Saturday night just south of the Durham School Services in Hutchinson. A nearby tree row was on fire when emergency responders arrived.

Battalion Chief Rex Albright says the buses, a storage trailer and a building’s interior were damaged. Damage is estimated at $47,000.

Firefighters doused the blaze within 15 minutes. No one was injured.

Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2017. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.

CATEGORIES :

COMMENTS

STAY IN TOUCH!

GET OUR APP!

LATEST POSTS

Winners Selected For 2017...
December 17, 2017Comments
OCCK Transportation Recog...
December 17, 2017Comments
Salina Tech’s Practical...
December 17, 2017Comments
Saint Francis Names New C...
December 17, 2017Comments

LATEST TWEETS

Read all tweets
© 2007 - 2017