Fire Damages Fraternity House in Lawrence
Associated Press - August 26, 2014 7:55 pm
Members of a fraternity at the University of Kansas are moving back into their chapter house after a minor fire.
6NewsLawrence reports Lawrence-Douglas County firefighters were called to the Sigma Chi house around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday on a report of smoke coming from the third floor.
The fire was under control at 12:30 p.m. and was contained to an area that houses bedrooms and a bathroom.
The university said the 74 residents of the house were able to move back in by Tuesday evening. Four were moving to other rooms in the house.
The Sigma Chi house was also damaged in August 2012 in an accidental fire caused by construction.