Feedback Needed on Parks, Facilities and Programs
KSAL Staff - November 9, 2017 11:30 am
Citizens are invited to attend an open house next week to further discuss their preferences for parks, facilities and programs that should be considered as the 2017 Park System Master Plan is being developed. The event is Wednesday, November 15th, from 5 p.m.-7 p.m. at the Salina Fieldhouse, 140 N. 5th Street.
In a recent statistically valid survey, citizens ranked the following facilities and programs as priorities:
1. Walking and biking trails
2. Indoor running/walking track
3. Park shelters and picnic areas
4. Passive natural areas
5. Indoor aquatics facility
6. Nature center
7. Indoor fitness
9. Outdoor swimming pools/water parks
1. Special events
2. Adult fitness and wellness programs
3. Nature programs/environmental education
4. Outdoor adventure programs
5. Water fitness programs
The Park System Master Plan consultant and Parks and Recreation Department staff will be available to answer questions at the open house.
Copyright © Rocking M Media, 2017. All Rights Reserved. No part of this story or website may be reproduced without Rocking M Media’s express consent.