Family Rallying Around Child Who Was Shocked
Associated Press - June 6, 2013 7:36 am
An 11-year-old Salina girl who suffered an electrical shock while playing in a rainstorm remains in critical condition at a Wichita hospital.
An uncle of Jayden says that the family has seen some improvements since the girl was hospitalized May 29 but he did not give specifics.
The girl was found lying on two in-ground electrical junction boxes in front of the Campbell Plaza in downtown Salina.
Four other children playing with her and a firefighter who was injured during the rescue were treated and released at a Salina hospital.
Fire Marshal Roger Williams said Wednesday an investigation into the incident is continuing, with a focus on electrical wiring that connects street lights, public restroom lights and traffic lights at three pedestrian crossings.
A fundraising effort is underway to help the family.
“Stay Calm and Pray For Jayden” shirts and decals are available at Hilljob Graphix.
A raffle will be held at Salina Speedway Friday night, and a bake sale is planned Sunday afternoon at Oakdale Elementary School.
Monetary donations can be made at any Sunflower Bank location.
Associated Press information from from: The Salina Journal