Dancers Uniting To Fight Cancer
Todd Pittenger - April 15, 2015 7:56 pm
Dance schools and dancers from around the area will be uniting for a common cause this weekend in Salina. “Dancers For Pediatric Cancer” will be held this Sunday afternoon .
Some of the best dancers and groups will be performing. Grade school aged dancers, high school dancers, college dancers, and adult dancers will all be a part of the show.
Dancers from the following studios and groups will perform a variety of dances in the styles of jazz, tap, ballet, hip hop, belly dance, hula dance, contemporary, and more.
- Vivette’s Dance Studio, Salina
- Tamara Howe School of Dance, Salina
- Stepz Dance Company, Salina
- Prestige School of Dance, Salina
- Salina Parks and Recreation Belly Dancers & Hula Dancers
- Salina Zumba Fitness Instructors
- Ellsworth Ballet, Ellsworth
- Michelle’s Encore Dance Studio, Wellington
- Euphoria Dance Centre, Great Bend
- Coffeyville Community College Ravens Spirit Squad, Coffeyville
- Ell-Saline High School Dance Team, Brookville
- K-State Tap Dance Ensemble, Manhattan
Additionally, various vendors will display their items, and raffle tickets and t-shirts will be on sale at the event. Michelle Page, Miss Golden Belt 2015 and Carolyn Fitzgibbons, Miss Royal Purple 2015, who will be competing for Miss Kansas this summer, will also be at the event.
All proceeds will benefit the Love, Chloe Foundation’s “Monkey in My Chair” program. The program gives children battling cancer a money for their chair. Whenever the child is way from the school the monkey sits in their chair so their classmates will think of them.
“Dancers For Pediatric Cancer” will be held this Sunday afternoon at Salina Central High School beginning at 1:00.