Dancers Uniting to Fight Cancer
KSAL Staff - April 12, 2016 7:10 am
Dance schools and dancers from around the area will be uniting for a common cause this weekend in Salina.”Dancers For Pediatric Cancer” is Sunday afternoon .
Some of the best dancers and groups will be performing. Grade school aged dancers, high school dancers, college dancers, and adult dancers will all be a part of the show. The show will include dances performed in the styles of jazz, ballet, tap, contemporary, musical theatre, hip hop, line dancing, and belly dance.
Over 200 area dancers will be performing at total of 30 dance numbers. Dancers from the following studios and groups will perform:
- Vivette’s Dance Studio, Salina
- Tamara Howe School of Dance, Salina
- Stepz Dance Company, Salina
- Prestige School of Dance, Salina
- Hello Kira Dance & Art Studio, Salina
- Salina Parks & Recreation Line Dancers
- Salina Parks & Recreation Belly Dancers
- Dance Company of Clay Center & Concordia
- Michelle’s Encore Dance Studio, Wellington
- The Next Step, Junction City
- McPherson College Diamond Dogs
Additionally, various vendors will display their products and raffle tickets and t-shirts will be on sale at the event.
All proceeds will benefit the Love, Chloe Foundation’s “Monkey in My Chair” program. The program gives children battling cancer a monkey for their chair. Whenever the child is way from the school the monkey sits in their chair so their classmates will think of them. Love, Chloe t-shirts will be on sale.
“Dancers For Pediatric Cancer” will be held this Sunday afternoon at Salina Central High School beginning at 1:00. Admission is by donation.