Child Who Suffered Electrical Shock Passes Away
KSAL Staff - December 31, 2013 2:48 pm
A child who suffered an electrical shock last spring during a rainstorm in Downtown Salina has passed away.
The family of 11-year-old Jayden Hicks announced on the “Prayers for Jayden” Facebook page that she died at 3:56 Tuesday morning.
Back on May 29th Jayden and a group of friends were playing during a rainstorm in puddles near Campbell Plaza when she was shocked. Four other children playing with her and a firefighter who was injured during the rescue were treated and released at Salina Regional Health Center.
Since that time, family and friends rallied around Jayden. “Stay Calm and Pray For Jayden” shirts and decals were made, and the “Prayers for Jayden” Facebook page was created. Multiple fundraising events were also held to help the family with expenses.