KSAL Staff - October 19, 2016 10:59 am
No one was injured in a suspected arson fire in a vacant Salina apartment.
Police Captain Mike Sweeney tells KSAL News that just before 4pm Tuesday, someone placed a shower curtain over a stove top in an empty unit in an apartment house at 240 S. 8th Street and then turned on the burner.
A resident in an adjacent unit smelled smoke and called the landlord for Prime Property.
Officers were called to the scene after a maintenance man entered the room and found the kitchen filled with smoke.
Police say an estimated $810 in damages was done to the kitchen cabinets, shower curtain and the stove.